Almond Cinnamon Stollen
Our almond and cinnamon stollen does not contain any raisins or any other candied fruits but tastes a lot like Christmas thanks to flavours of cinnamon and almonds.
Ingredients for 1 large or 2 small stollens:
500g ( 4 cups) flour
1 cube of yeast
100 g (1/2 cup) of sugar
125 ml (1/2 cup) of warm milk
180 g (3/4 cup + 1 tbsp) of butter
200 g ( 1 1/ cup + 2 tbsp) of ground almonds
150 g ( 1 1/3 cup) chopped almonds
200g ( 7 oz) marzipan paste
3 tbsp cinnamon
50 g ( ¼ cup) of butter
100 (1/2 + 1/3 cup) powdered sugar
- Dissolve the yeast with 2 tablespoons of sugar in warm milk and let rest for about 10 minutes. Mix flour with butter and eggs, then add the yeast mixture.
- Cut the marzipan into small pieces and add to the dough with the ground and chopped almonds. Pour the dough into a floured bowl and leave to soak in a warm place for 1 ½ hours.
- Preheat the oven to 320 °F. Roll out the dough in a rectangular shape and fold in 2/3 of the dough to form the typical stollen shape.
- Place the stollen on a baking sheet lined with Blechrein winter and bake for approx. 1 hour.
- Brush the stollen still warm with liquid butter and sprinkle with icing sugar. You can enjoy the stollen right away or keep it well wrapped for a few weeks.
Baked on Blechrein Winter